Espyr’s Student Assistance Program enables colleges, universities, technical schools and other educational institutions to provide a range of support services for students to address the many personal and family issues that can disrupt student well-being and academic success. Our program helps schools retain more students longer and helps students achieve their academic potential.
The basic Student Assistance Program (SAP) includes:
- 24/7/365 access to licensed mental health professionals for emotional support and crisis intervention
- Professional assessment, counseling and referral services for personal, academic and family concerns. In-person, telephonic and video-based counseling options are available.
- Consultation, resources and referrals for daily living needs such as community resources, financial and legal services
- Consultation for faculty and staff regarding students and situations of concern
- Topical workshops and support groups
- On-campus SAP counselor staffing options
- Case management for students referred by faculty or staff for academic, behavior or conduct concerns and positive drug test referrals for student athletes
Our SAP can be integrated seamlessly with existing, campus-based student counseling programs.
As many as 20% of students who are accepted and enrolled never show up for their first day of college. Stress and anxiety associated with life transitions, financial concerns, juggling multiple roles, as well as lack of social and family support all contribute to college-bound students dropping out before they even get started. We offer professional coaching and consultation services to help college enrollees prepare for and adjust to the challenges of beginning their new lives as college students, improving new enrollee retention rates and helping ensure the start of a successful college experience.
19% of young people in the US either contemplate or attempt suicide every year and suicide is the third leading cause of death among college students. ISP is an interactive online program providing a safe and confidential way for students to be screened for stress, depression and other mental health conditions and receive a personalized response from a caring mental health counselor. Through this online program individuals can anonymously communicate with a mental health professional to receive recommendations, feedback, and support for connecting to available mental health services.
Our caring professionals help students achieve their potential and improve academic success through personalized one-on-one telephonic coaching sessions. Coaching addresses concerns such as adjusting to student life, balancing school and personal life, time management, study skills, managing relationships and healthy lifestyle.